Sunday 4 December 2011

Magazine front cover

When we discussed the properties of our Film Poster and Magazine Front cover, it was clear that all of our group had different ideas as to what we wanted to feature on each item and as we didnt want to disagree or fall out during our project, we decided that each of us would make a pister and a magazine cover each then after consideration between each one we would constructively decided which was the best and which we would use for our final product.



For my magazine front cover, I chose to keep it fairly simple with a central image of our two main actors, myself and Lewis - I used a side-on shot type of our actors appearing as though they were on the red carpet as I wanted my magazine cover to feel professional; I decided that rather than using a still from the trailer or a promotional shot, a photograph of them on the red carpet would be a lot more eye-catching and professional to the audience. I cut around the image in Photoshop before placing it onto my magazine cover, I also edited it slightly by removing any blemishes and darkening the hair of each actor - to highlight the composition within the image.


As a group, we chose to use the logo of 'film slate' for our magazine title masthead as this is appealing in the film magazine market yet also a clever pun on the prop of a film slate in hollywood films. I chose a rosey pink colour for the title 'Film Slate' to complement and coincide with the colour scheme that I had used on my film poster. I added an image of a film slate next to our title, to create a logo and make the magazine look authentic and professional.


I used the left hand side third to create three different blocks of text - using different fonts, colours and sizes for each to vary the versatility and range within the magazine, challenging the usual convention and tradition of real media in which they would only use 1 or 2 different style throughout.
The final thing I did was add in two images of 'well-known' actors, to shwo that the magazine wasnt all about our film.



No comments:

Post a Comment