Sunday 4 December 2011

Film poster

When trying to decide which of our three members should make the film poster, we couldn't agree so we agreed as a group that we would each make our own film poster and our own magazine front cover and then decide together which of each would be the most appropriate to use.




When designing my film poster I came to the conclusion that I wanted it to appear delicate, romantic and vintage - therefore I chose to edit an image that we had taken from our promo shots; firstly I opened the image in Camera Raw, changing the settings of the image, making it appear duller but still in saturation to appear romantic.

Afterwards I opened my image in Photo shop and used the adjustment tool to blur the entire image, I then changed the opacity of the image to 67%, making it appear even more blurry and slightly trancsparent.

I decided I wanted to put more images on the poster, creating a polaroid effect - so I uploaded three promo images onto photoshop, using a new layer, and created a white box around them so that they appeared to be in the style of a polaroid; I then place them in the left hand corner, the center and the right hand corner of the poster directly at the top of the page, over the main image.

I moved onto text, first creating a billing block by including important names of production team and company, directors, actors and other supporting roles that had featured in the making of the trailer - I used a Cumbria font, in white and placed it in the center at the bottom of the image, making sure it was only jsut noticeable, so not to take away the attention from the main image and the title of the film.

The next piece of text that I created was the title - I used a Georgie font, size 134 in two different colours, making 'The Way' and 'Were' in a light pink font and 'We' in a blue font - to emphasize the word 'We' proving that the characters were very significant. I placed this text in the center underneath the three polaroid pictures, over the main image.



The final change that I made to my poster was to add in the names of the actors - I chose to write the male leads role in blue, the '&' sign in white and the female leads role in a light pink; in a georgia font. I then changed the opacity to 88% so that it complemented the blurred opacity of the background image.

No comments:

Post a Comment