Wednesday 23 November 2011

Meeting 3

Members present: Bethany Reilly, Lewis Robinson and Ciara Walton
Items Discussed: Draft poster and magazine layout drawn out on paper


Analysis of film poster draft:I would like my film poster to be quite simple, so as a first draft I have decided to keep it mainly focused on the images - having 5 polaroid images in the centre of the poster, a masthead design of the film title above and centre, a few lines of text accrediting actors and directors in the bottom right hand third, either a puff or plug of text about the film situated on the right hand third just above the accrediting text in the billing block.

Analysis of film magazine front cover draft:I wanted my film magazine front cover to contrast yet coincide with my film poster, therefore I decided to have it focused mainly on the text - with a main masthead of the magazine title at the top and centre of the image, a promotional puff in the top righth and corner, three or more items of text on the left hand third of my poster; made up of puffs and plugs, more promotional text and plugs in the bottom right hand corner - yet still keep the image central and one of the main focuses of the poster, and a smaller image of the companies logo in the right hand corner beneath the masthead. The final addition to my film magazine front cover is the bar code situated in the bottom left hand corner of the page with two items of text stating the date and price of the issue.


Posters and Magazines that I took inspiration from:

No comments:

Post a Comment